Baked Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
Combine two super-healthy foods in one tasty bake. The leftovers make for a great salad. From Good Housekeeping.
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 1/4 lb. Brussels sprouts
1 side of salmon, about 3 1/2 pounds
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Trim and halve 1 1/4 pounds Brussels sprouts. Place sprouts on one baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast sprouts for 5 minutes. While sprouts roast, get your salmon ready.
- Cut 1 side of salmon into 10 fillets. Arrange fillets skin-side-down on the other baking sheet. Brush the spice rub all over salmon, and sprinkle salmon with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Stir Brussels sprouts and return to oven. Add salmon to oven and roast until sprouts are tender and salmon is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve salmon with Brussels sprouts. Use a scissor to snip chives on top, if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 280; Protein 35g; Carbohydrate 11g; Total Fat 11g; Saturated Fat 2g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sodium 380mg