Bean Salad with Lemon and Herbs
This zinger of a salad from Bon Appetit has beans for protein and a hit of lemon to wake you up. Yum!
- 2 cups fresh cooked shell beans (such as cannellini or cranberry) or 1 14-oz. can cannellini beans or chickpeas, rinsed
- 6 oz. green beans, trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves with tender stems
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper or ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss shell beans, green beans, parsley, oil, chives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Aleppo pepper in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
140 calories, 10g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 11g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 4g protein, 360mg sodium