17 Mar 2020
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup
Flavor up butternut squash with Indian spices for this warming and healthy vegetarian soup. From BBCGoodFood.com and recommended as an immune-boosting recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 200g carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder containing turmeric
- 100g red lentil
- 700ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can reduced-fat coconut milk
- coriander and naan bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the squash and carrots, sizzle for 1 min, then stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the lentils, the vegetable stock and coconut milk and give everything a good stir. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15-18 mins until everything is tender.
- Using a hand blender or in a food processor, blitz until as smooth as you like. Season and serve scattered with roughly chopped coriander and some naan bread alongside.