Healthy Recipe, Korean Ground Beef Bowl
Just seven ingredients and 30 minutes is all it takes to make this healthy, high-protein dinner.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 5-6 cups florets)
- 1 frozen steam bag broccoli (12-14 ounce size)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90/10)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Trim the head of cauliflower to just florets, removing large stalks and outer leaves. A medium head of cauliflower should give you about 5-6 cups of trimmed cauliflower. (Keep in mind a little more or a little less won’t hurt this recipe, so don’t worry about being super precise.)
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor. Press the pulse button just a few times until the cauliflower roughly resembles the appearance of rice (it doesn’t take long). Set aside.
- Place frozen broccoli in the microwave and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. If skillet tends to stick, give a quick shot of cooking spray. Add ground beef and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until beef is browned.
- When beef is browned, add garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and the broccoli that you’ve steamed. Stir together and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour cauliflower rice into the skillet and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is tender and everything is well combined. Top with green onions and enjoy.
Per serving; makes 4 servings
330 calories, 12g fat, 5g sat fat, 683 mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 16g sugar, 29g protein
From Snacking in Sneakers