23 Oct 2019
Kung Pao Chicken with Spaghetti Squash
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins, thinly sliced
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2–3 lb)
- 6 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 (12-oz) package fresh broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Chop peanuts, green onions, and garlic (2 teaspoons each).
- Slice chicken (wash hands).
- Cut squash in half across the middle from end to end; scrape out seeds and discard. Place 1/2 squash cut-side down in microwave-safe dish; add 4 tablespoons water, then cover and microwave on HIGH for 12–15 minutes or until easily pierced with a wooden skewer or knife. Remove cover; let stand 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining half. Pull spaghetti strands out of the squash gently using a fork, then discard skin.
- Microwave broccoli following package instructions. Place cornstarch in small bowl; whisk in soy sauce, sugar, sriracha, and remaining 2 tablespoons water. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add oil, then chicken, and cook 5–6 minutes or until brown and 165°F. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add peanuts, onions, garlic, and soy sauce mixture to same pan; cook 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until very thick. Add chicken back to pan and toss until coated in sauce. Stir in broccoli, then remove pan from heat. Divide spaghetti squash among 4 bowls; top with Kung Pao chicken. Serve.
Per quarter recipe
- Calories, 340
- Fat, 2g
- Sodium, 490mg
- Carbohydrates, 32g
- Fiber, 7g
- Protein, 30g