Podcasts to Power You Through Your Workout
We all listen to something when we’re at the gym or exercising outside – music, usually, or audiobooks.
Podcasts are another alternative to stay informed and entertained while you sweat. You can find podcasts to match any interest. Here’s a short list to get you started.
- TED Talks Health. TED Talks are short, informative and buzz-inducing. Podcast topics have included the “dementia village” for elder care; a device that detects heart attacks; and “What if we paid doctors to keep people healthy?”
- Bulletproof Radio. Host Dave Asprey goes in search of the simplest things you can do to be better at everything. Recent interviews include author David Sinclair of “Lifespan: Why We Age – and Why We Don’t Have To.”
- Fit’n Fifty Plus. From Down Under, host Jennifer Gale helps you “find information on all of the little things that help keep you exercising, eating well and feeling fantastic about who you are.”
- 10% Happier with Dan Harris. The TV reporter survived a humiliating on-air panic attack that led him to discover meditation. Here, he interviews folks from all walks of life about how their practice has helped them become just a bit happier.
- Awards Chatter from The Hollywood Reporter. You don’t have to be obsessed with the Oscars and Emmys to enjoy this. Journalist Scott Feinberg interviews top stars without typical talk-show silliness. He starts each episode by asking guests where they grew up and what their parents did for a living – even Peter Fonda.