Vietnamese Chicken and Mango Salad
This sweet-spicy chicken salad recipe pairs crunchy cabbage, mango and chicken with a Vietnamese-inspired dressing made with fish sauce and lime juice. A diet that is rich in a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, fish and poultry is associated with better brain health. From AARP.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced
- Combine lime juice, oil, brown sugar, fish sauce and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken, stir to coat and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Add napa and red cabbage, mango, carrot, mint, scallions and pepper to the chicken; toss to combine.
385 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 60 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrate; 7 g added sugars; 35 g total sugars; 27 g protein; 7 g fiber; 706 mg sodium; 876 mg potassium