There are plenty of spins on the simple watermelon-feta-mint salad. We like this one from The Mediterranean Dish: an easy, fresh and super-light Mediterranean version with fresh herbs and a honey-lime dressing.
For the Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 watermelon, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 English (or Hot House) cucumber, cubed (about 2 cupfuls of cubed cucumbers)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl or serving platter with sides, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, and fresh herbs.
- Top the watermelon salad with the honey vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Top with the feta cheese and serve.
Serves six. Per serving: 192 calories; 5g fat; 2g saturated fat; 119mg sodium; 36g carbohydrates; 10g sugars; 4g protein