Healthy Recipe, Napa Valley Glazed Salmon Recipe
Elegant and gourmet-delicious, this salmon recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve with grilled leeks over white beans seasoned with vinegar, honey and fresh thyme, or atop gently steamed baby spinach, both are Napa Valley trendy.
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon white pepper
1¼ pounds salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the honey, thyme, mustard, lemon zest and pepper in a small bowl. Arrange the salmon, with the skin side down, in a shallow roasting pan lined with cooking foil. Using the back of a spoon, spread the honey mixture to coat the top of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F and flesh is opaque and flakes with a fork.
· Extra Serving Suggestion: Slice leftover salmon and place on top of a bed of mixed greens and chopped tomatoes for an easy lunch or dinner.
· Variation: Substitute your favorite dried or fresh herb for the thyme — or combine several.
· Tip: To store fresh fish a day or two after purchase, rinse and place in a bag with ice. Pour off melted ice and replace with more ice chunks.
· Nutrition Nugget: The white droplets accumulating on the top of salmon are rich in omega-3s, and so is the gray-colored meat right next to the skin. Enjoy both to reap the most omega-3s.
Calories: 270; Total fat: 11g; Saturated fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 90mg; Sodium: 135mg; Total carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary fiber: 0g; Protein: 32g
From the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics