Sausage and Vegetable Soup
Vary the spiciness by choosing the sausage and salsa you prefer. This one’s easy to adapt – even with whatever veggies you prefer. Easy to make, keep and enjoy. From Safeway.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. hot (or regular) Italian ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (12 oz) bag mixed frozen vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, crumbling with a spoon, until browned. Mix in the onion, bell peppers and garlic, cooking about 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the kale, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, allowing soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
- NOTE: If you want to cook this in a crock pot, simply follow step 1 then add all your ingredients (except kale), cover and place on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours. Add kale, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories: 319 • Fat: 13.9 g • Saturated Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 20.6 g • Fiber: 5.3 g • Protein: 13 g • Sugar: 8.2 g • WW Freestyle Points: 9